How to Connect Visual Studio Code with VPS Servers to Run Commands and Modify Files
In this tutorial, we will show you how you connect VSCode with VPS servers and be able to quickly connect to your server, modify files and run commands. VSCode is a very developer friendly tool and if you’re planning on modifying a lot of files or running commands on the server, we recommend to follow this tutorial and connect to your server via VSCode.
- Install VSCode if you haven’t yet
- Install Remote Development plugin
- Go into Remote Explorer and configure your servers
- Once configured, go into Remote Explorer again, you should see all of your servers
- Right click and connect.
- If you’ve used password configuration, you will be asked to enter your SSH password to connect to the server.
- You can also configure SSH keys so that it’ll automatically connect without requiring passwords.
- In the next video, we’ll show you how we use VSCode to modify php.ini file of phpMyAdmin app.
- How to create a Server/Droplet in DigitalOcean and connect with ZoomAdmin
- How to quickly install MySQL Server using ZoomAdmin Server Control Panel
- How to Install phpMyAdmin, Login to MySQL Server and create Databases/Users
- How to Deploy and Host Multiple WordPress Websites on One VPS Server
- How to Manage DNS Settings in DigitalOcean and Configure Domain Names for apps
- How to Install Redis Server and Redis Commander
- How to Load Test Data in WordPress, Load 20,000+ Articles using phpMyAdmin
- How to Configure Redis Object Cache in WordPress
- How to Backup DigitalOcean Server and Configure Automatic Backups