How to Install phpMyAdmin, Login to MySQL Server and create Databases/Users – using ZoomAdmin
In this tutorial, we will go through installation of phpMyAdmin using ZoomAdmin, then we’ll login to our MySQL instance that we created in our last tutorial and create databases/users.
- Go into your ZoomAdmin panel and be sure your servers are connected.
- Also check and confirm your mysql1 app is running, the one we published in our last tutorial.
- Then go to Apps page, click on Create button to go to App Creation page.
- Then click on Browse More and find phpMyAdmin app and select it.
- Name your app as phpMyAdmin1 or any other name you like and click on Continue.
- Leave all the default options, simply select Server1 or any other connected server you have from the Deploy To drop down and click on Publish.
- Once the app is running, click on the app name to see the popup with the details, including the URL to the new instance of phpMyAdmin.
- Navigate to phpMyAdmin and use your MySQL server details to login into your MySQL instance using the root login and password you saved from our last tutorial.
- Once Logged in, you’ll be able to manage MySQL server, including creating Databases and Users.
- We will create 2 databases and 2 users as part of this Tutorial Set.
- wordpress1 and wordpress2 databases
- wp1User and wp2user – users.
- Then, we will map each user to grant permissions in their perspective databases.
- Save all the user and database details somewhere as we will use those in our next section to create 2 WordPress apps and deploy them the server.